Monday, September 23, 2013

Creative mind...Crafty Hands

I've always had a knack for crafts and decorating. When it came down to family parties or creative assignments in school, my natural inclination for these things was on high alert...I just HAD to dabble my hands in these things and have some kind of part in the decorating.

I LOVE flowers, tissue paper, adhesive letters, balloons, doilies, ribbons, pins... etc!

Here are some of my crafts:

In 2011, I had the honor of decorating my God-Daughters's Princess themed baby shower.

I constructed "diaper cakes" for the centerpieces using princess crowns as the toppers, ribbons, and other cute keepsakes.

The supplies:
































The finished products

 The paper onesies were used as "Love Notes" to share words of encouragement to the Parents to be and to the baby.

I also had cd's made with adorable songs to celebrate the "Princess'" arrival. Each song title read into a full poem...it was super cute.

Games
For games, we played the traditional bottle drinking contest and the guess the belly size game.

The picture above was a game that we played called: "Guess who's that baby". I collected baby pictures of family members and the guests had to figure out who was who!

Another game that we played was "The diaper game". In this game, popular chocolate candies were smudged on diapers to emulate a dirty diaper. Participants had to guess the chocolate candy smudge on each diaper. It was nasty looking, but sure was fun seeing the guest dive nose first in the diapers.


No comments:

Post a Comment