Friday, October 18, 2013

Choice Vs. Destiny



Ponder this: Is your destiny preordained or the result of choices? And are these positions mutually exclusive?

From the spiritual perspective, destiny has already been ordained even before we were formed 
(Jeremiah 1:5, "I knew you before you were formed"). 

In contrast, free will is just an elusive perception that human nature conceives when they think that 
they are in charge of their own destiny. Therefore, the role of free will really is inessential, because
 destiny and our choices are already written by the higher power. However, this thought presents 
a new dimension because then this may suggest that the Almighty granted us free will as an 
"illusion"... but free will is the very instrument he expected us to use to accept or reject his plan 
of Redemption?

Hmmm....!!!

I’m just thinking though, there are unforeseen events that take course in our lives that I honestly can say are out of our control (i.e. infant that is stricken with fatal disease at birth) that is a matter of destiny
... but that does not negate the role of Free Will?

Take the following into consideration: Is there a difference in your destiny if you choose to commit your life to the church [The Lord] versus a life of self-indulgence and debauchery?...Yes!

Gathering this all together, our choices are pre-ordained reactions to events that lead to our destiny
Therefore, yes, my destiny is pre-ordained, and although this is so, the choices I make are simply
 indications or reflections of my destiny. My destiny has been en grained before I even knew it to 
be so...as life goes on, my choices change through experience and maturity, however it does not 
alter my destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment